FIPS support: Plastic SCM can now be configured to work on FIPS compliant environments. Once set to work in FIPS mode, both client and server will use only Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
To configure FIPS, add the following line to your server.conf and client.conf files:
Consider the following restrictions:
* At this point, the server won't start in a FIPS machine until it is configured in FIPS mode. The server log will say "LicenseReader - There was an error reading the license: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.". Once the server is configured in FIPS mode, it will be able to start normally.
* The server won't start in a FIPS machine with an SSL channel unless there is the PFX certificate file ssl-certificate.pfx in the Plastic SCM server installation folder to use SSL. The server log will say "WARN Channel - Failed to autocreate sha256 self-signed certificate (file:C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\ssl-certificate.pfx)."
* To use User/Password authentication mode in a FIPS machine, it is necessary to configure the server in FIPS mode before adding users. Otherwise, when clicking OK in the "New Plastic SCM user" dialog, an error message box will appear: "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.".
* Not compatible with other clients/servers that are not FIPS compliant.
* Not compatible with the cloud server
* Encrypted replication is not available.
Windows GUI: SemanticSCM: Built-in semantic diff now includes a new 'reformat' option. The new toggle button in the semantic options panel reformats the code before diffing it, so the format-only changes can be ignored.
Windows GUI: Added 'Diff' key shortcut Shift + Ctrl + D to the following views:
* Diff two selected changesets on the 'Branch Explorer' view.
* Diff two selected changesets on the 'Changesets' view.
* Diff two selected items on the 'Items' view
* Diff two selected revisions on the 'History' view.
* Diff selected revisions with another revision on the 'History' view.
* Diff selected branch with another branch on the 'Branch Explorer' view.
* Diff selected branch with another branch on the 'Branches' view.
Mac GUI: The 'Diff' viewer was not available in OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). Fixed.
Mac GUI: 'Branch Explorer' view: If a merge link was hovered over a changeset, the user was unable to select the changeset. Now it's fixed.
Gluon: On the changesets view, double-clicking on a group header caused a null reference exception. Fixed.
Gluon: On the changesets view, double-clicking on the column header panel was wrongly triggering the double-click action on the currently selected row. Fixed.
Linux GUI (GTK): The pending changes view was not automatically scrolling to the first difference when switching among files. Fixed.
Windows GUI: SemanticSCM: In some scenarios, the differences were not correctly painted for C language files. Fixed.
Windows GUI: Ampersand ('&') character was not properly encoded on several views (Changesets, Branches, Labels, Blog News...). Fixed.
Server: User Management tool (umtool): Fixed typo in a warning message asking the user to restart the server to apply changes made by the tool.
Unity plugin: A 'null reference' error was thrown when there are private files that match with an 'exclusive checkout' (a.k.a. 'locking') rule. Fixed.