ClearCase is still one of the most widely used SCMs. It is very strong (especially base ClearCase) but it is also expensive and cumbersome to use. Plastic SCM will make “base CC” users feel at home while removing all their daily issues. You will only miss dynamic views.
Why would you migrate away from ClearCase?
If you’re considering to move away from CC chances are you are considering some of the points on the following list:
- You need better network performance especially on networks with higher latency.
- Operations don’t run fast enough and the entire team can’t stand the waiting times.
- Price is a concern.
- You need lighter and faster distributed support because multi-site is not enough anymore or not even an option.
- Distributed – Plastic SCM is fully distributed, much better than CC MultiSite and with no added costs or administration overhead.
- You need better and faster merging (some merge operations taking much longer than they should).
This is what Plastic SCM offers you:
- Network performance – Plastic SCM operates on a single port and scales better - View more
- Plastic SCM operations (checkin, checkout, workspace creation and update) run much faster than in CC.
- Pricing is not a concern because Plastic SCM is much more affordable than CC.
- Plastic SCM is fully distributed, much better than CC MultiSite and with no added costs or administration overhead.
- Much better and faster branching and merging (including branch-per-task - View more ).
- And the newest merge technology – Semantic Merge For a full list visit: Our blog