GUIs and Web: Great improvements in the Cloud Edition onboarding process.
We changed the first steps in Cloud Edition, so joining to an organization and creating a new one is now much easier.
Here is a summary of the improvements:
* All GUIs: New signup/login dialogs to help new users getting aboard.
* All GUIs: Links with relevant information during evaluation.
* The old cloud.plasticscm.com has been replaced by https://www.plasticscm.com/dashboard/cloud. The new dashboard has been redesigned too.
* Plastic Cloud Edition subscription information has been improved.
Let's now detail each of the improvements.
1. New signup/login dialogs
Now new users can signup to plasticscm.com directly from the GUIs, which makes the process much faster and reduces friction.
And it is also possible to create the new organization and subscribe to Plastic Cloud without leaving the GUI:
As a bonus, the GUI now selects your nearest datacenter by default.
2. Links with relevant information
Once you start the GUIs, there are new links to help you find your way during the evaluation:
If you look at the bar in the bottom of the window, you'll find the following information:
* A message saying how many days are left to evaluate Cloud Edition.
* If you are the owner of the subscription, then a button will open the web-dashboard directly. This is the option to check your usage, invite new team mates, etc.
* Finally, a button helps you contact support in case you have any questions or found a problem.
3. New Cloud dashboard
We used to have cloud.plasticscm.com and plasticscm.com. They were part of the same domain, but implemented as separate applications. Now we unified the experience.
We also used the opportunity to redesign the interface and make it much more intuitive.
4. Improved subscription information
Now you'll be able to access more information about your actual Plastic Cloud usage.
Now it clearly shows the total storage use and also charts to quickly review the daily active users and the key operations performed in Plastic Cloud.