Plastic SCM allowed our entire team, including the less technical members, to create and merge branches. The awesome Plastic SCM UI allows everyone to see what's happening, merge between branches and coordinate their checkins with main with ease. This was a huge help to our workflow.
Unknown Worlds Entertainment - Games
We are Unknown Worlds Entertainment, an independent game company in San Francisco, CA (30 developers and artists team and office videos). Our goal is simple, but not easy –to unite the world through play.
Previously, we worked on titles such as Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne (1M sold), Empire Earth (2M sold), Lair, GRAW 2, Mass Effect and Bioshock Infinite.
We've used Plastic SCM for Subnautica - both PC and XBox One.
- Manage Large Binary Assets: Sublime was struggling with our huge binaries and large repositories and eventually just stopped working.
- Cost Control and Flexibility: For us it is really important that we can keep the overhead during the design and development process to an absolute minimum and that we can make big changes in a project, even in later stages.
- Unity 3D: to develop our games.
- Plastic SCM: for Version Control.
- Global Distributed Team: our team is all around the world. Only 4 people work from our central office in San Francisco, while approximately 25 work from other countries.
Why Plastic SCM?
- Support for Large Binary Assets and Repositories: Plastic handles large binaries and large repositories with ease.
- Easy Branching and Merging: We wanted a system that allows our entire team, including the less technical members, to create and merge branches.
- Easy to Use for Developers & Artists: our visual artists were absolutely happy with the visualizations of the versioned data in the branch explorer. They were not afraid anymore to do a merge themselves because they could understand what was happening.
- Awesome GUI: the awesome Plastic SCM UI allows everyone to see what's happening, merge between branches and coordinate their checkins with main with ease. This was a huge help to our workflow.